Due to continued expansion VWS Ltd are seeking to add more engineers to our installation/service team. You will be expected to have a proven track record in CCTV, Security Entry, Door Entry Systems, Intruder Systems, Fire, Networking and Automatic Doors would also be preferable. You must have an excellent attention to detail and will be familiar with the NCP 104, NCP 109, BS4737/PD662, BS 5839, BS 7036 and BS 7671 Standards.
Only CV’s from engineers with previous experience on the disciplines above will be accepted. All Applicants must have a full driving license, should be willing to travel and work overtime/nightshift when required.
It is essential that the chosen candidate will hold a valid CSCS/ECS card. It would also be desirable if the candidate held a PASMA and IPAF card although this is not critical.
All Applicants Must Be
- Capable of working to a high standard and to agreed time frames.
- Competent with electrical wiring and should have an understanding of electronic circuits.
- Willing to work at heights.
- Good with working with their hands, tools and power tools.
- Capable of installing containment (plastic and galvanised) to a high standard.
- Risk assessments and method statements for smaller scale jobs.
- A good communicator to both customers, other members of staff and VWS management.
- Computer Literate and have a good grasp of PC components.
- Familiar with computer networks and preferably wireless networks.
- Capable of accurately documenting job progress via a Personal Data Assistant (PDA) provided by VWS.
- A good organiser and planner and should be capable of working on their own or as part of a team.
- Presentable, fit and tidy.
It is essential that the applicant is proficient with both analogue and IP CCTV systems. We currently maintain HD IP CCTV systems to a camera count to over 200, the candidate will be capable of fault finding and repairing defects to a system of this scale.
It would be preferable if the applicant had experience in working with GDX concierge systems and stand-alone systems. We currently maintain a wide spectrum of door entry systems and Security Entry systems so experience with Bell, BPT, Elvox, Raytel and Entrotec would also be preferable.
We are currently diversifying the business and are expanding our Fire portfolio. We would like the applicant to be part of this expansion and it would therefore be advantageous if they were familiar with both addressable and conventional Fire systems.
Basic working hours are from 8am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
Package includes: Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone/PDA, uniform/PPE, specialist tools, private health care and option to join private pension scheme.
30 Days holiday per year. Salary will be subject to experience.Apply